Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fake Facts


While speaking of UFO and such in art, I have to tell you what I came over while doing a scientific report in school about, not so surprising, facts that points to aliens visiting earth.
Erich von Däniken had a picture in his book Chariots of the Gods, which was my main source, and this picture is the one you see here. It said that this picture was of a cave painting in Uzbekistan, thousands of years old. When seeing this, I went so happy! Because since he had traveled around the world, taking this pictures himself - then this cave painting must be real! And that would mean that there really have been travelings to earth, because cave men was not capable of doing this on their own!
But then I looked into it more, trying to find more information. And it turned out that this picture had been circulating the net. It was based on a old newspaper from.. Russia I think, and someone had redrawn it on a cave wall.
It made sense, so I wasn't sad over it being fake, what I was sad about was the fact that von Däniken had published it in his book. How could he do that? He is one of the biggest supporters and sources of alien visitors, and then he do this and all my trust is lost in him. Bad bad von Däniken.

So yes, you always have to be careful with what you can believe in and what not - especially in this area, since there is a lot of fakes everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the more esoterical topic the more you have to distrust the source. Ver much not nice sometimes.

    ReplyDelete